Although the Siamese cat breed is famous, it can be difficult to find. Some fur colors are even more uncommon, like the flame point. So, are Flame Point Siamese cats rare?
Flame Point Siamese cats are not commonly found. They are quite rare and hard to come across. The reason for their rarity is mainly due to the difficulty in finding cats with flame point coloring. If you’re looking to buy one, be prepared to spend anywhere between $400 to $2000 for such a rare cat.
Continue reading to discover additional information about this special fur pattern found in this old breed. Don’t worry, they still have the same pointy face and blue eyes!
Are Flame Point Siamese Cats Purebred
Indeed, a flame point Siamese cat is a cat that belongs to a specific breed. The term “flame point” refers to the cat’s coat color. Instead of the typical seal point or blue point that Siamese cats are known for, a flame point Siamese cat will have a fur that appears reddish in color. This type of cat coat can also be referred to as a “red point.” It’s important to note that different regions may use different terms to describe this coat color.
To make sure your Siamese cat is not a mix of different breeds, it’s important to purchase from trustworthy breeders or adopt from rescue groups that provide proper documentation. This way, you can confirm the lineage of your cat and be confident that you’re getting a genuine flame point Siamese cat.
How Much Do Flame Point Siamese Cats Cost
The price of these cats can range from $400 to $1000, sometimes even as high as $2000. The cost varies depending on factors such as the cat’s age, the breeder chosen, and the pedigree of the cat’s parents. Cats that come from two champion parents will be more expensive, as well as those from reputable breeders. These breeders can charge more because they invest more in ensuring the quality of their litters. If you are dealing with a breeder and the prices are unusually low, it’s important to inquire about how they take care of their cats.
Typically, kittens are more expensive than adult cats. However, if you’re purchasing a cat with the potential to become a show cat (or one that’s already involved in cat shows), they will be pricier than most adult purebred cats.
The price of a cat depends on its coat. The rarer the coat or markings, the more expensive the cat will be. Flame Point Siamese cats have the rarest coat in this breed, so they are the most expensive Siamese cats you can purchase.
How Do You Get A Flame Point Siamese
The best place to find a flame point Siamese cat is from a breeder who has extensive knowledge and experience with the breed. These breeders can provide all the necessary documentation to prove the cat’s lineage and ensure its health.
Not all breeders are the same, so it’s important to do your research before choosing who to buy from. Buying a purebred cat can be expensive, so you want to ensure that you’re getting what you’re paying for.
When choosing a breeder, take into account the following:
- Don’t hesitate to ask the breeder for recommendations. A trustworthy breeder will have satisfied customers who will speak highly of them. If they decline to give you references, look for another breeder.
- Consult your veterinarian for recommendations. Vets are the ones who interact with breeders when they bring their animals in for care. They will be aware of which breeders provide good treatment and which ones are untrustworthy.
- Make sure to inquire about their website. A trustworthy breeder will have an online platform where potential customers can view the kittens that their bloodlines have produced.
- If your buddies have the same furry friend you want to bring home, ask them which breeder they got it from. A friend will always be straight with you and let you know if anything was wrong. They can also honestly share any genetic health issues they’ve come across.
- Before you commit, make sure to visit their facilities and observe the living conditions of the animals. A responsible breeder will treat them as family members, providing them with enough food, water, and a clean environment. If they are unable or unwilling to show you these things, it’s possible that they are a backyard breeder, and it’s best to find another option as soon as possible. These animals may not have received proper vetting, which could result in unexpected expenses and visits to the vet.
- Make sure to request the medical records for your cat. If the breeder is transparent about your cat’s health, they should willingly provide them without you having to ask.
- When you adopt an animal from a breeder, make sure they are old enough to be separated from their mother. Kittens should be at least 12 weeks old before being adopted, so avoid breeders who try to give away younger pets.
- If you’re looking for a trustworthy breeder, cat enthusiast groups can be a great help. Just like veterinarians, they have the inside scoop on who’s reliable and who’s not.
Once you choose a breeder, it’s important that they also show interest in getting to know you. They should be invested in sending their animals to good homes. If the breeder doesn’t care about you or the quality of life you can provide for the pet, that’s a warning sign. If they don’t care about the homes their animals go to, it makes you wonder what else they don’t care about.
Where To Find A Flame Point Siamese For Adoption
If you’re not up for the trouble and cost of dealing with a breeder, adopting a Siamese cat is another great option for adding one to your family. Adoption is less expensive than buying from a breeder and it also opens up a spot in the adoption center for another animal, which means you’re essentially helping two cats.
Although it is not a common occurrence, shelters sometimes receive purebred cats. Numerous shelters throughout the country have an open admission policy. If an individual finds themselves in possession of a Siamese cat and no longer wishes to take care of it (or is unable to do so), they have the option to surrender the cat to a shelter. Subsequently, the cat becomes available for adoption according to the shelter’s guidelines. Utilizing resources such as petfinder.com can assist in locating shelters that have purebred cats.
Rescue organizations are another important part of the rescue team. These non-profit organizations rescue animals from shelters and provide them with shelter. This helps create more space in overcrowded shelters. Many purebred animals have dedicated rescue organizations that search for them in shelters across the country and bring them to breed-specific rescue groups. If you search on Google for Siamese rescue organizations, you will find several in the United States. Inform them about your preferences, and they will gladly assist you in adopting the Siamese cat you desire.
What Should You Know Before Adding A Flame Point Siamese To Your Home
Siamese cats have their origins in Thailand and are often compared to dogs in terms of their behavior. They enjoy spending a lot of time with their owners and are most suitable for homes where the owner is not away for extended periods. These cats are affectionate, playful, energetic, and known for being quite vocal. They even enjoy engaging in the activity of playing fetch!
When it comes to their well-being, Flame Point Siamese cats are generally in good health. The most frequent health problems observed in this breed are mammary tumors and progressive retinal atrophy. Nearly 50% of Siamese cats live beyond the age of 12.
It is difficult to find purebred flame point Siamese cats. The flame point coloring is very uncommon. To make sure you are getting a purebred Siamese, only deal with a trustworthy breeder or a rescue group that specializes in this breed. On average, Siamese cats have a lifespan of 12+ years. This breed is generally healthy and not prone to the genetic issues that can affect other breeds.